Tuesday, September 9, 2014

unconventional, unexpected quilts

strip pieced quilt, c. 1960
Today I celebrate the release of Roderick Kiracofe's new book, Unconventional & Unexpected: American Quilts Below the Radar 1950-2000. One quilt from my collection is included in the book, and I'm eager to get my hands on a copy. As a tribute, here are some favorite unconventional, unexpected quilts from my collection.

strip pieced medallion, c. 1970
pieced and appliquéd quilt, c. 1960-1970
appliquéd and embroidered bed cover, c. 1970
Double Wedding Ring, c. 1970
To find out which of my quilts was included in the book, order your copy today! Congratulations to Roderick Kiracofe on the successful release of Unconventional & Unexpected: American Quilts Below the Radar 1950-2000. Available now online - click here for details.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some creative ones! Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those quilts are truly insane (and I mean that in a good way)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bill, I've just found your blog and am enjoying it a lot. This book looks great, and even better, I can get it in the UK.

    ReplyDelete