Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fruity Beauty

"Fruity Beauty" 2015, quilted by Jolene Knight, 35 & 1/2" x 36 & 1/2"
My "Fruity Beauty" four block sample is done, and I love how it turned out! It is 35 & 1/2" x 36 & 1/2" and was made with my custom-designed Spoonflower fabrics. I pieced it together at Modern Domestic while receiving sewing instruction from Michelle Freedman; and Jolene Knight of Good Knight Quilts did the beautiful quilting.


Since the quilt is just a sample, some things will change when I move on to the larger 16-block. The great thing is there's lots of room to play. My idea was to play with a traditional patchwork design, the New York Beauty, using fabrics with digital images. Can't wait to get to work on the larger quilt. 

6 comments:

  1. ooh this is awesome! love that design

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors on this, and overall it has such positive vibrancy, this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see your original prints wind up in a quilt block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design as always Bill.

    But, man, is this making me hungry. Doesn't help that I hadn't eaten yet today at the time of this reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt in every way! It is truly juicy...

    ReplyDelete