Friday, March 6, 2015

Magnificent Gift- a top from Victoria Findlay Wolfe!


After returning from QuiltCon, Victoria Findlay Wolfe and I were chatting on Facebook, and she showed me a project in progress using my Spoonflower fabrics, but I had to promise to keep it a secret and not blog about it.

So, I promised, and when we got to talking about the trip home I mentioned spending my birthday on an airplane. It was OK, though, because I tend to celebrate more on March 8th, the day I went home to my adoptive parents. That was when Victoria said she would send me the top as a birthday gift, and I could get it quilted. Of course, I was utterly speechless. The top arrived yesterday. When I opened the package, it took my breath away.

The top is about 42" square, and the design resembles a large French Star with a smaller, central spinning star, and it's even more bright and beautiful in person. Seeing my fabric used in such a creative way fills me with joy. There is also some handwork embellishing the green patches surrounding the central star, and a wonderful, personal label for the reverse side.

What a magnificent gift it is, and what an artistic gift she has. Thank you, Victoria, you're the best! I am completely thrilled and awestruck. There is also an up-and-coming long-arm quilter who is pretty excited. :)

7 comments:

  1. hehehe! Well, I was cleaning... and when I clean, I find things... Like your orange fabric, and then the next you think you know, there is a new quito top lying around... Cleaning is the best way to get inspired! ;-) Happy to share with you, and put your fun Orange slice fabric to good use! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic gift!! Victoria - it's beautiful. Happy birthday, Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Happy Birthday. It's nice to have great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that is so nice! I am glad you're having a great birthday! Have fun celebrating this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! This top seems to have so much cheer and spirit too, you can't help but feel happy looking at it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Bill, thank you so much for coming to our show, it was delightful to meet you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must be so cool to see your fabric in action!!

    ReplyDelete