Thursday, April 28, 2016

an idea


Yesterday I was happily printing away, and had an idea. I thought it would be interesting to print a long, narrow piece of fabric in turquoise on white, using my "Accidental Tiki" block print. Maybe I could use it to make a simple quilt.


A quick survey of my stash produced a long, narrow section of vintage bedsheet material, sent to me recently in a big bundle from Mom. The piece I found was very soft cotton, washed hundreds of times in its life. It had some wear and a few small imperfections, but that's what made it so perfect, in my opinion. The fabric having a life of its own attracted me to it. There was also a straight seam line, which I could use as a guide.


When it was time to stop for supper, I had a 60-inch length printed, but there's room for more if I like. Maybe I'll do something with it, but for now I'm just having fun.

3 comments:

  1. Love the color you used for your block print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! It's so much fun creating with a new art form! Great, great fun and your fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having fun is the ONLY way to go. It is looking terrific!

    ReplyDelete