Wednesday, February 1, 2017

coming soon


It's hard for me to resist polyester quilts. They're interesting and they don't cost a lot. This one is coming soon from an eBay seller in Boise, Idaho. It is 80" x 101" and I really like the play of color and pattern. Lots of earthy neutrals with pops of orange and peach, a color combination I wouldn't have imagined, but strangely it works.


The "economy block" pattern, also called square-in-a-square and other names, is a favorite of mine. It is a simple block, but offers a lot of secondary patterns depending on how the maker plays with color value. A nice study in retro neutrals. Can't wait to see it in person.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the days of sewing for my kids. Polyester was the fabric of the day. My son still misses the turtle quilt I made him using the drunkarks path pattern pieces. It was a weird combination of polys and denims and corduroy. backed with cotton. It got lost in a fire. It would probably still be holding up to this day. By the way...it was my very first quilt. I still have two tops around here somewhere that were done in cottons and flannels that I got out of the same magazine.

    ReplyDelete